You may wish to use an App called “Insight Timer” so that you can relax and enjoy the time without worrying where you are in the 20 minute time frame.
- Remember to Breathe.
The Holy Name of God is Yah-Weh. This is too holy a name to say out loud according to the scripture. So as you inhale notice that you are saying “Yah” under your breath. On the exhale, notice that you are saying “Weh”. Thus the Holy Name is in your breath. You are Practicing the Presence of God already.
- Allow the Silence. Keep the Silence.
Have a focal point; an icon, a cross or some other symbol that means something to you.
- Repeat your sacred word or mantra; one or two words from scripture that is sacred to you.
- As you practice the Silence, you will notice that the Silence will become a Presence.
- The Presence has a name; God. God is your Creator, you may wish to listen to God.
- The Presence has a name; Jesus. Jesus is your Savior, you may wish to speak to Jesus.
- The Presence has a name; Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit makes you sacred. The Holy Spirit is your Wisdom. The Holy Spirit equips you with many gifts for ministry. You may wish to speak with the Holy Spirit.
- You may wish to be utterly silent and allow the Holy Name to be with you and merely to practice the presence of the Holy.